*** NEWS ***
Please note the Scheme has now been closed with effect from the 29th March 2016. The scheme is being reviewed and we expect a revised scheme to be launched shortly. Further updates will be provided as soon as possible; please keep checking this website for news.
Claimants accepted to the scheme will have until the 17th June 2016 to submit a valid, Ofsted or CMA certificate to enable the grant payment to be made.
*** Grant payments will be subject to funding being available ***
Application will be accepted for new business and new businesses who are operating within the 1st 12 months since the receipt of their Ofsted or CMA certificate.
If you have previously applied for and been in receipt of a Childcare Business Grant you are not eligible to apply again.
The Childcare Grant Scheme can accept registration certificates from either Ofsted or a childminder agency.
Are you a New Childcare Business and registered with a childminder agency? If so you can apply for a "Childcare Business Grant"
- From 1st September, newly established childminder agencies" are able to register child minders, as an alternative to childminders registering with Ofsted
- Childminder agencies can provide a "one-stop-shop" for childminders, helping them with training, business support and advice. They can also provide a matching service for parents who want to find a high quality childminder.
- Only when an agency is itself registered with Ofsted will it be able to register childminders.
Childcare Business Grants
The Childcare New Business Grants Scheme has been introduced
to boost the provision of childcare in England and to incentivise
entrepreneurship. It will encourage and support the starting
up of new childcare businesses by providing a flat rate start-up
• £500 for new childminding businesses setting
up in England (those who are looking after one or more children
to whom they are not related, on domestic premises, for reward
and for a total of more than 2 hours in any day);
• £1000 for new childminding businesses, as above,
that will provide care for disabled children (applicants will
need to demonstrate that they have incurred additional expenditure
in setting up their business as a result of this);
• £1000 for new nursery, out of school club, or
childcare on domestic premises setting up in England.
GRANTS ARE TO SUPPORT THE ESTABLISHMENT OF NEW CHILDCARE
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN RUNNING A CHILDCARE BUSINESS OF ANY SORT FOR LONGER THAN 12 MONTHS, YOU
ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR A GRANT, EVEN IF YOU INTEND TO
USE THE GRANT TO START A NEW NURSERY ON NEW PREMISES.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT SCHOOLS,
EITHER INDEPENDENT, PRIVATE OR PUBLIC WHO ARE PLANNING
TO START AN AFTER SCHOOL CLUB, BREAKFAST CLUB, OR OTHER
CHILD CARE FACILITY ON SCHOOL PREMISES AND RUN BY THE
SCHOOL ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS GRANT
We will only accept applications from claimants who can demonstrate
their intent to start a new childcare business.